Hy-Lok offers an intensive eight hour seminar on the development and theory of tube fittings and their relevance to modern fluid systems. Most of the day is spent “hands-on” building a test loop that must pass leak tests and ultimately a high pressure burst test. This seminar is ideal for installers, engineers, designers, automation, instrumentation and maintenance personnel.
See testimonals and additional course offerings >
Attendees who achieve the specified standards for correct selection of tube material, correct installation procedures, leak-tightness, pressure holding ability and quality of workmanship will be awarded a numbered certificate and Hy-Lok ID card. With the introduction of this course it is now possible to set this as an identifiable criteria by which all employees/contractors, involved in fluid system installation, may be assessed, thereby promoting total quality.
- Tube VS. Pipe – Differences and Advantages
- Functions of Tube Fittings
- Development of Tube Fittings from Sweat Type Through Compression to Hy-Lok
- Tubing Specification, Selection and Identification
- Tubing Care and Handling
- Assembly and Re-assembly of Hy-Lok Tube Fittings 1” or Less
- Use of Pre-Swaging Tools
- Assembly of Fittings Over 1” Including EZY-MAT Tool Use
- Tube Cutting and De-burring
- Tube Bending – Theory and Practice
- Planning and Installation of Tubing runs
- Use and Misuse of:
- Tube Adapter Fittings
- Port Connectors, Plugs and Caps
- Positionable SAE Fittings
- Use of Zero or No-Axial Clearance Fittings
- Pipe Threads – Sealing Methods, Specification Identification and Dimensional Differences
- Thread Sealants and Galling
- Safety Precautions – Summary
Why a Hy-Lok Installation Seminar?
Hy-Lok's product knowledge and associate training is well known in the industry. When problems arise, regardless of brand or where purchased, we tend to be called in and consulted. Of the thousands of trouble shooting calls we have made over the last 30 years, more than 90 percent are due to installer error. Tube and fitting installation is all too often regarded as a simple procedure with little or no consequences associated with improper techniques. Experience tells us otherwise. Leaks, downtime, blowouts, and personal injury can occur when safe installation practices are not followed. We are all interested in reducing operating costs by achieving incident free operations. This Hy-Lok installation seminar will do just that.